Le diabète, la recherche et l'accompagnement.
Diabetes, Research and Support
In this tab, I present wonderful collaborator I have the pleasure of working during the past ten years. She is very social, professional, this is an outstanding kinesiologist, who always has a smile.
She will be an asset to you and you talk about why, how, for daring to move in a safe setting for your health condition, what's the point of putting physical activity into our daily routine to improve our decision in charge of our diabetes can any type of diabetes that we have.
I present Mrs. Elisabeth Turgeon, Kinesiologist, M.Sc, dare move!
30 minutes of physical activity a day!
How do when you do not have time?
Between work, family, friends ... Your days are filled?
30 minutes of physical activity can be achieved through a sum of physical short activities that can be, integrate into its daily activities such as walking to get from one place to another, go shopping or pick up her children on foot, dancing to her favorite music, etc.
Keep your body moving every day is often more a matter of awareness of the opportunities to "move more". Some ideas to move more into your day:
• Choose the stairs to elevators and escalators.
• Park your car a little further and finish the walk.
• You take public transportation? Descend from time to time one or more stations before your usual stop and finish the walk.
• You can go to work by bike? Enjoy!
• Do your shopping on foot as soon as possible. You live in the city? Go get some fresh bread for breakfast!
• Pick up your lunch a little later than usual.
• Pick up your children to school on foot if possible. They also use the opportunity to exercise and adopt the habit of walking!
• Jardinez soon as time permits.
• Walk your dog more often and longer.
• Take some air before or after eating: alone, with family or with friends, a walk is always the most good.
• You are morning? Enjoy it for a walk, jog or a small few gymnastic exercises at home.
• Take time to make a quick trip to ventilate to your lunch break.
• Remember that household chores are also considered physical activity!
Practice Tip: Make an appointment with yourself! Indeed, if you notice your sports events on your calendar, you will certainly be easier to arrange convenient times of physical activity every day!
Physical activity should not necessarily be seen as something to do in addition, it is also a way to take time for yourself:
• A short walk to unwind.
• A workout to meet friends.
• An hour of gardening or DIY to the mix business with pleasure.
You achieve this quickly mark 30 minutes.
Practice a sport
You hesitate? Think you do not have enough time? You lack motivation? Here are some ways to outwit the obstacles in your sport.
Age is no barrier
whatever the age, sport still plays a protective role vis-à-vis cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, cancers, as well as age-related diseases such as osteoporosis or osteoarthritis. It is advisable to start as soon as possible a sport to enjoy longer the benefits of sport. But keep in mind that it is never too late to start!
Before 50 years: there are no cons-indication in sport but if you are not sure you can ask in advance, the advice of your doctor.
After 50 years: it is recommended to make a medical assessment before starting a sport. This is usually an age at which there is more time for yourself: it's the perfect time for it (re) put! Do not overlook the heating and stretching to maintain flexibility of your joints and avoid unnecessary pain (flexion and knee extension, lengthening the spine, hip flexion, etc.).
After 70 years: this is also possible. The benefits of sport are checked after 70 years. It brings more balance and better morale! Again, a medical examination is required. If you do not have health problems, your doctor will refer you to a gentle activity and not traumatic to the muscles and joints (walking, aerobics, cycling, yoga, etc.).
Running out of time and motivation?
Short on time?
Take time for yourself to relax, but also replenish your energy to be more effective in the future. Force yourself to block a slot of one hour per week in your calendar. The easiest way is to register for an activity to have fixed working hours. At home, on dynamic background music or listening to your favorite radio show, do a half hour bike apartment or fitness exercises. Your children play sports? Enjoy this moment of freedom to do the same.
You lack motivation?
To many, it is always easier! Suggest to a friend, relative or colleague to come with you. If you can dispose of land, create your own training group and organize football matches and tennis tournaments. You can also do a test: Most sports clubs offers free testing activities at the beginning of the school year. This is often the first step is the hardest. At this time, the clubs record many new registrations. This is an opportunity to meet you and beginners make this event a moment of conviviality and exchange.
You are afraid to hurt you?
You can ask your doctor for advice before starting a sport. Before each session, warm up slowly and, in the end, remember to stretch. Choose a gentle activity such as walking, tai chi chuan, yoga and aqua aerobics.
You're not comfortable with your body and fear the eyes of others?
You cannot stand the sportswear? Opt for a single activity such as walking or cycling, which do not necessarily require the purchase of a tracksuit. Join with friends: for many, it's always nice and we pay less attention to the eyes of others. You would like to go swimming, but you are uncomfortable with the idea of having to put you in a swimsuit in front of everyone? Prefer less busy time slots.
To avoid discouraging you
Set yourself achievable goals. At first, you do not have to do the recommended 30 minutes at one time. For the race, for example, start with 2 short sessions of 15 minutes. With time, you'll be able to run 30 minutes straight. Look no performance at all costs ... For that sport is fun and does not cause pain, leave his body time to adjust. Some people need to measure their progress and progression as and to stay motivated. For walking or jogging, you can equip yourself a pedometer (device counting and not reflecting the corresponding distance in meters) or a heart rate monitor (equipment to monitor heart rate).
Choose a sport that suits you
What is your objective? Improve your endurance or muscle mass? Be part of a team? Enjoy nature and relax? The possibilities are many.
You choose according to your goal:
• Work endurance: cycling, rowing, running, swimming.
• Increase muscle mass: weight training, gymnastics, windsurfing.
• Improve reflexes: tennis, squash, table tennis, badminton.
• Relax and relax his muscles: aerobics, yoga, tai chi chuan.
• Improve team spirit: football, volleyball, handball, basketball, hockey, water polo, ultimate, rugby.
• Develop your artistic side: dance, fitness, synchronized swimming.
• Enjoy nature: hiking, Nordic walking, trekking, mountain biking, climbing.
• Confronting an opponent: fencing, boxing, karate, judo.
• Develop precision golf, archery.
Did you know?
You do not know where to tell you to practice a sport? Remember to check with your local council: we will show you the list of activities that you can practice near you.